Search This Blog

Monday, April 19, 2010

on the ball

I think it's safe to say that Megersa and Cale have different schedules.
Different needs, different wants.
But at night time - they should have the same ones, shouldn't they?

A desire to rest their bodies....to rest their minds and most importantly, to take a break from running their mother ragged. Right? :)

Well, up until the past week or so, Megersa hasn't really got the picture.
And I can't blame him, he's only been in the family for a month...(where Cale has been in the family for 3 years and still can barely manage to sleep through the night).
BUT...over the last week, Megersa has only woken up once a night!
I change his diaper if he needs it (but this is also less because we've decided to put a bigger sized diaper on him at night) and give him a few ounces of formula.

On Saturday night he slept from 8pm to 6am, only to wake breifly for a bottle THEN slept until 9am!! Whoa!
That sounds like a dream come true! And it was, except Cale was still up at his normal 7:30ish time, and that Sunday is clearly a busy day with church and stuff, so we couldn't all lay around in our jammies like I would on any other day.... :)

All that to say, I think Megersa is getting "on the ball" with his sleep habits. I'm not going to expect a 9am wake up, but knowing that it IS possible, makes me happy.
Fingers crossed and prayers answered, things will only continue to get better.

Cale. Well.....
I'm pretty sure Tim and I have resolved ourselves to the fact that he is a needy sleeper.
Maybe when he's a teenager he wont want his Mommy and Daddy to crawl in bed with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment