Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

1 month

Today is April 13, 2010.
Megersa has been home for exactly 1 month.
WOW, the time has flown by!
We had our first post placement report yesterday and it was actually quite easy.
I dont know what I was expecting, but I can tell you that our house was spic and span for the impending 'investigation' of our suitable living space and family for Megersa.
However, the social worker stayed put at the dinging room table, outside of a brief visit to look at Megersa, sleeping away in his crib.

Basically all it was was questions.
I can't remember them all, but something along the lines of:
When was 'placement' day?
I told her we got his referral on Nov. 5, 2009; but I didn't meet him until March 9, 2010.
How is he adjusting? ie: eating, sleeping, getting along with big brother, bonding, etc.
Did we take him to a doctor? Where is he at developmentally? Health-wise? (height, weight?)
How is Cale with him?
How are we (Tim and I) feeling like we are adjusting?

She gave some advice she thought was pertinent, and then asked if we had any questions.
Not really. Things have really come quite a long way since he came here.
The past 2 nights he's only woken up once!!
Yesterday he slept from 7:30-5am, then went back to sleep until just before 7.
Cale...on the other hand...well, he's been taken Megersa's place.
He woke up twice for the past few nights. And NOT when Megersa has.
SO, Tim and I have been woken up 3x for different reasons in the past few days, and let me tell you, any kind of waking in the middle of the night is torture.
Please pray that both boys can get their acts together!! :) haha.


In other news. I'd like to say that it's very strange, but I rarely find myself on the computer anymore. If I do get a quick break today (if both boys are sleeping at the same time) I tend to try and catch up on some housework that is desperate for me, or I try to get something to snack on. By the time I walk over to the computer and turn it on, to check my email, I start hearing noises.
Like today. Our dryer got fixed yesterday, so I've been catching up on load after load of dirty clothes (I think I've done 5 today so far, and there is more....). Well, I finally got Megersa down for a nap. Cale was already sleeping. So I thought - GREAT! Alone time!
I sat down at the computer to respond to a few emails, and then the phone rang. I answered it, then went downstairs to do laundry. When I got upstairs, I heard Cale.
I got Cale downstairs and we got some juice. When he finally settled in to let me get back on the computer, I heard Megersa.
Oh golly.

How am I on the computer now if both boys are awake?
Well...Cale is watching 'baby animals' on TV and Megersa is currently in the exersaucer blowing raspberries and rocking it around. I should get going on dinner though.
Until later...

No comments:

Post a Comment