Search This Blog

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Look your age.

Cale has ALWAYS been mistaken for being older. Mainly because of his size.
I'm glad he officially turned 3 a few weeks ago, because it was exhausting telling people that he was only 2.
"Yeah, right..."
I got this response from many.
And well, he's huge for his age, so it makes sense people would be doubtful.
Many people gave me their own follow-up conclusion "his daddy must be big." (I'm gonna take that as a compliment even if it's not meant to be. :)
But, no.
It certainly comes from my side of the family. My largest uncle is 6'5" and over 300 lbs. He played football for the Oklahoma Sooners when he was in college.
Tim and I dream of Cale playing College football too....and us going to the games for free! :)

I, on the other hand, get mistaken for a younger age. And, that's fine...but I've recently been mistaken for a HIGH SCHOOLER! I mean, yeah, I could probably pass for 21, but I am doubting that my 'baby face' is that of a 13-17 year old!
My mom says I'll appreciate it when I'm older. ;)
I'm sure I will. But I'm looking forward to the day when I tell a stranger that I have 2 children and they respond by saying, "You look too young to be a mother...I thought you were still in school!"
No, I'm 26. I've been married for 5 1/2 years. I just look young.

Tim could pass for older...especially when he hasn't shaved for awhile. The teens at our old church thought he turned 36 on his last birthday.
Not so much...
He usually says that he doesn't mind looking older because when he's bald (he actually fears this will be in the next 10 years), he can say "Yeah, I'm in my late 40s."
What a jokester.

The Goob looks his age. A little on the small size, but most can tell that his mannerisms and abilities are on track for his age....plus his legs are getting C-H-U-N-K-Y!

Goob??
Yes, I've been calling Megersa "goob" lately...
The evolution of his name has gone from Megersa, to Goo-Goo, to Goober, to Goob.
Daddy didn't care much for "Megs" (though I had been using it for months - it's just so much easier to type out than Megersa)...and when I tried to CALL him Megs out loud - I didn't really think it felt right either.
But, the 'G' sound seems to fit better with him for a nickname.
Before we even went to get Megersa from ET, we would pray with Cale for our family.
And then we would do this little 'diddy' with him "Mommy moo-moo, Daddy doo-doo, Cale coo-coo, and Gersa goo-goo." Things took off from there.

Anyway, all that to say:
Strangers, I am not a child. I am a young women who got married young, had kids young, and still look young. :) I'll be thankful of it when I'm 50 and look 40 - like my mom does.
If you would, please think about your "compliments" before you say them, so that young-looking ladies don't think YOU think we look like teenage mothers. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment