Search This Blog

Sunday, May 9, 2010

a mother

In honor of Mother's Day, I'd like to give a shout of to all of the moms who've touched my life.
I'd like to mention each by name, but I'm guessing most don't read the blog, so I'll just call them on my own time.

And since this blog is an outlet into "space" (essentially), I really don't know who reads it besides me, I just wanted to state the fact that this year, I am especially touched by Megersa's birth mother.
When I think of her, my heart wrenches...for her, for him, for me.
What will I tell him of her? I have NO information on her...
All I know is that her decision, however she came about it, allowed me to raise her son.
We will forever have a bond together...in our son.

At age 23, on April 5, 2007; I met my son, Cale, and became a mother for the first time:
At age 26, on March 9, 2010; I met my son, Megersa, and became a mother for the second time:
Both days I will cherish forever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, he is so beautiful. So, so beautiful!!

    And if it helps any - most boys simply aren't that interested in their birthmothers. My brother honestly has almost no interest and neither do a lot of other adopted guys I know. Weird to me, but that's the way it often goes. He may very well be one of those and "she loved you enough to give you up - and WE were SO HAPPY to get you" might be all he needs.

    And then you'll be going, "Don't you wonder? A little?" and he'll go, "No, Mom. I told you no. Is there anything to eat?" and that will be the end of the conversation. :)

    ReplyDelete