Search This Blog

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Dedication day.

Megersa got dedicated to the Lord today!

I still can't believe I forgot my camera AND video camera.
Then I remember how those 15 minutes before leaving for church went.

I was doing really well, I got myself showered and ready. I even showered Cale.
Megersa was up, dressed, fed...
It was about 10am, and I was checking the diaper bag, making sure we had all the essentials. Things looked good. Megersa was starting to get really crabby. He was in his car seat, but not happy about it.
He seems to enjoy being in the car, so I thought we'd go ahead and leave early.
I trotted out with the boys, but then realized I didn't have my keys.
And I didn't know where they were. I hadn't seen them since the day before.
I went back in the house, looked around, but couldn't find them.
Oh man. Of all days to be late...dedication Sunday.
(I imagined myself arriving just in time to RUN on stage...I didn't want that to happen.)
I called Tim.
He had his keys with him.
Of course, he couldn't tell me where mine were...but he said he would send someone to the house with his keys for me. I told him to give me 5 minutes and I'd call him if I did or didn't find them.
I started praying. I don't like being late...sometimes I am, but I don't like it.

I strapped the boys in the car. I figured, whether or not I find the keys, it'll at least help Megersa to stop fussing if he thinks we're going somewhere.
I ran back in the house, and looked around one last time.
AH HA! I found them!
Praise the Lord!!
At this point in time I was sweating bullets, but boy was I happy!
I made it to church and walked in during the first song...but at least I had a few minutes before having to go on stage.
However, I forgot my camera. And video camera.

I feel really bad about it. I managed to color coordinate all 4 of us (fully prepared for a family picture), but I couldn't manage to grab the camera (which incidently was NEXT to my keys).
Oh well.

It did happen today. Tim and I dedicated Megersa to the Lord and vowed to raise him in the knowledge and love of God.

1 comment:

  1. We got the whole thing on video. I'll have Pat make you a copy!

    ReplyDelete