Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

love-hate relationship

I am in a love-hate relationship.

With whom, you ask?
Well, the better question is "with what?"
And I'll tell you:
My love-hate relationship is with our baby monitor.

WHY??
I'll tell you:
While I appreciate it's usefulness in letting me know if my boys are awake...and what kind of moods they wake up in...I feel like, secretely, it's out to get me.

What?? I'm crazy?! A baby monitor couldn't possibly be out to get me....
Well, then WHY do I always hear it making noise at the exact minute I sit down to eat a chocolate peanut butter ball?
Or when I finally pressed "play" on the show/movie I recorded on DVR.
And lastly...why, oh why, does my blood start boiling, (knowing I have to sprint out of bed to keep one child from waking the other) when it seems as though I just drifted off to sleep at night?

IT'S BECAUSE OF YOU, BABY MONITOR!!!

I wouldn't dare blame my children...I love them. :)
They couldn't possibly be clever enough to know the exact time of day that I've chosen to relax and somehow be able to communicate that several rooms away.......
It's gotta be these ever-evolving electronic devices!
Curses on you, baby monitor. Curses!!
(But also, thank you for not allowing my children's screams to get out of control. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I thought for sure our baby monitor was out to get me. I heard a baby crying and would run in at 3 AM only to find everyone asleep and pleasantly dreaming! A week later we found out that I wasn't crazy, but our channels had crossed with our neighbors and we heard their baby crying and came running and they woke up with ours!

    I think you are on to something... LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. My monitor occasionally picks up a radio station. I'll wake up to the sound of Brian Adams belting out a soft rock classic.

    ReplyDelete