Search This Blog

Monday, May 10, 2010

At the park.

Sometimes the mornings don't go very well. Cale pushes my buttons. Megersa decides to whine more than necessary...Mommy doesn't have the patience she should.
Well, one of those days occured last week.
I was getting totally stressed out being cooped up inside the house.
And since we don't have the privledge of a second car right now, I took the advantage we DO have (our wonderful double jogger), and went out for a jog.
I don't often go with just the boys alone - pushing the 25 lb (more or less) stroller, with a 38 lb, 3-yr-old and a 16 lb, 8-month-old ADDS up!
I went our usual jogging path and then decided to stop at the park. We pass by this one great park every time we all jog together...and, 9 times out of 10, Cale asks if we can stop and play. I feel bad when we tell him "no" - because we are usually on a mission - to get DONE jogging! :)
It was nice to actually tell him "Yes, we can play!"
I love to watch his little face light up!
Initially, Megersa was asleep in the stroller, so I parked him where I could see him.
Cale had a blast! He especially enjoyed being pushed on the swings.Megersa's nap didn't last very long, so I decided to try him out on the swings. It was his first time, and he REALLY liked it! :) I figured he would - he loves to be thrown around.
I enjoyed taking these shadow poses. Aren't they sweet?! (It only took FOREVER to get the swings to go just at the same time, and for me to capture the shot without anyone's flesh in the pic! But we'll pretend it was easy.... ;)And there is the Goober, in his hat...enjoying the park. Soon he'll be like big brother and can run around and test everything out.All that to say, that on this day, where things started out stressful...it ended up being very enjoyable. In the short 2 hours that we were out, my attitude changed, and I thanked God for my children and the fact that we, as parents, can get so much happiness out of watching our kids experience life.
Note to self: jogging then playing at the park can make moods change drastically.
Both boys benefited from this time as well. :)

1 comment:

  1. The days that I die to myself are always the best.


    But man it's HARD and my to-do list is LONG!!

    ReplyDelete