Search This Blog

Thursday, December 9, 2010

lost.

I lose things.
It's beginning to be more of a problem.
Generally, it doesn't really irk me...I know that within time I'll find the item, and to be honest, if I don't NEED the thing right away, I usually don't really hunt for it.
Sure, I'll look in the spots I thought I had it last, but no major spring cleaning just to recover it....
On occasion, the thing that I lose, never is found...but more often than not, it shows up. And let me tell you; when I FIND the item, it's so exciting! (Especially when I'm not looking for it!!)
I've "misplaced" my wedding ring more times than I can count. This lost item offends Tim most...and rightly so, but I dont do it on purpose...it's directly related to my putting on lotion. I take off my rings, put them down and then apparently, sometimes forget to put them back on. My rings have shown up in the sheets, under the bed, in our old church's nursery (that time I actually didn't know they were gone, but when our bulliten announced that wedding rings had been found, I knew they had to be mine. I looked down, and my finger was naked).
The longest time they've been missing was a few weeks, showing up later in my bathrobe pocket.
I lost a $100 bill once. That was pretty upsetting. I think I did hunt for it for quite awhile, but eventually gave up and forgot about it. About a year later I found it and THAT was a happy day!
What else?
electrical equiptment: like remotes, chargers, cameras, my cell phone...
Yeah, it enough to drive the person I married bonkers.

At this present date and time I am responsible for the loss of one mini DVD player remote, and my mini laptop cord.
The latter is starting to annoy me. I want to upload pictures from my camera, and I can't without the cord to the computer. That computer once served many purposes as my home computer (in IL), but now it sits here...basically as a photo album.
I need the cord to keep the battery life going.
What makes it more annoying is that my blackberry camera phone isn't working.
So, I'm unable to share pictures right now! Highly. Annoying.

Today I looked for it. I usually keep the cord in the little red satin bag that the computer came. Usually when I'm done with that laptop I fold it up, put it back in the bag with it's tiny mouse and power cord...fully ready to be stored away until the next time I want to upload pictures.
That time has come, and the cord is no where to be seen. I've searched through all the bookshelves (I have a tendency to stick cords in the cubby holes)...but nothing.
It's not on the kitchen table where Tim keeps his laptop and cords...
It's not where I used it last and it's not in my bedroom where sometimes I like to take things.
It's lost.
And I'm annoyed. (Did I mention that?) :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you-my dad used to tell me all the time that I would lose my head if it wasn't screwed on. Have you checked beneath the cushions of the couch? I always find some lost treasures there....

    ReplyDelete