Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

lost in thought.

Did I tell you that each twin has his own side?
They've "stayed" to their own side for what seems like a month (according to all of my doctor's visits), so the u/s tech said they will most likely remain on their own side now that they're bigger. She said they can still somersault and change their head-up/head-down position, but not for much longer.
Thad is on my LEFT.
Zac is on my RIGHT.
According to my "pregnancy ticker" babies in the womb at 21 weeks are establishing sleep patterns.
Well...I can tell.
And my twins have different ones many of the times.
Their kicks are pronounced on their "side" so I know who it is and if their up.
Sometimes they both are awake and I feel movement and kicking up high and down low, but for the most part, they take 'turns.'
Tonight, they were both awake.
Here's the scene:
I'm at home with my big boys...it's 7:30p and they've been bathed and have had their snack. We are all in Megersa's room for story time. Both boys are sitting on my lap leaning up against their brothers and though I feel squished, I'm enjoying the closeness (and the warmth! - our heater broke and our house temperature dropped to 58 degrees today! It's currently climbing it's way back up - 5 hours after fixing the thermostat, we're at 67 degrees)....
ANYWAY, for those 15 minutes, not only was I reading for my two big boys, but the babies were awake too....kicking away.
Though I kept reading, my thoughts strayed to where I'd be at in a few months...a year.
How will I be able to hold all 4 on my lap? :) They'll have to take turns.
I feel so blessed tonight. (Maybe it's the chilly temperature that's got my heart pounding in overdrive to keep me warm ;)...But I thank God that he took that moment out of my long day to show me how lucky I am.

1 comment:

  1. Boy, Katie, you taught me something. Who knew that they each had their own side!? Amazing stuff!

    Merry Christmas to all of the Nester family,
    Jackie Johnson (Morgan Hanna's mom and faithful follower of your blog)

    ReplyDelete