Search This Blog

Saturday, July 31, 2010

27

FACTS:
1. Today I am 27.
2. I was born in Wilkes-Barre, PA at 12:20am on July 31st, 1983.
3. I have been married for 5 years, 8 months.
4. I wore my mother's wedding dress at my wedding.
5. Tim and I were FWB before we were dating (know what that means?).
6. I have 2 children on earth and one in heaven.
7. I would like to have two more children.
8. I have been a mother for 3 years, 3 months.
9. I LOVE names. I have been intrigued with names since I was 14, and often go to websites to find the "perfect" name for future children. :)
10. I have lived in 4 states:
Pennsylvania (21 years), Ohio (1 full year), Illinois (4 years), and Maryland (5 months)
11. My favorite color is royal blue.
12. My favorite season is fall. ((If there was a place in the world that had fall weather all-year-round I would insist that we move there immediately.))
13. My front right tooth is a veneer. At age 17 I got smacked in the face with a basketball and ended up having to have a root canal...which eventually turned dark resulting in a veneer at age 23.
14. My shoe size is between 7-8, but I recently purchased a pair of child's sneakers, size 6, and they fit perfectly.
15. I had brain surgery almost 13 years ago. The surgeons had to chip away a piece of my skull and didn't put a plate in its place. The tumor is gone, but I still get tension headaches because my muscles are always overcompensating.
16. I graduated from Cosmetology School in 2007...No. I do not cut my own hair. :)
17. Christmas music is my favorite music to listen to.
18. My favorite shows to watch are: So You Think You Can Dance, Project Runway, America's Next Top Model, Pawn Stars, The Office, and Chuck
19. It takes me a long time to try something new: a new song, new movie, new show, new food, new game...but usually when I do; I enjoy it - and if it's a game, and I like it; I'll play it until I can kick Tim's butt.
20. My favorite beverage is Cherry Coke. Normally I'm COKE products all the way, but when it comes to Cherry Pepsi...that's okay with me.
21. I sometimes pretend I can't smell Megersa's poop so that Tim has to change him...and then I laugh hysterically when Tim gets a whiff.
22. I'm not a big fan of pets that you can 'pet.' ...I know, I know; I'm a terrible person.
23. I love sweets. I could cake for breakfast and not think twice about it.
24. I have been parting my hair the side (usually the left, but it does vary) since I was in 5th grade. I had to get a horrible perm cut out of my hair because I "didn't take care of it" and the stylist gave me a side part "to make me look more mature." I've stuck with it, but I often think about 'bringing back the center part.'
25. When it comes to games, I'm a competitive person, but in the past few years I have toned down my "poor loser" attitude. :) Seriously, ask Tim!
26. I fear I am becoming my mom. I don't know how it happens...but it does.
27. I have a hidden talent of being a very good 'Corn Hole' player. I think it has to do with the way I bowl. I lob that sucker 3 feet off the ground and barrel it down the lane. The form is atrocious for bowling, but it apparently equals to being awesome at cornhole.

Just 27 of the (probably) hundreds of useless facts about me. Didn't want to read them? Who cares. It's my birthday. :)

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to report that a lot of these things, I knew about you already. :-) #5? Oh, you naughty girl, you!!! THAT was a new revelation. heh heh! And #23? Cake for breakfast isn't all that odd. Consider how many people have pastries and donuts for breakfast. It's basically the same thing, just a different form - so no need to defend yourself ever again.
    -Elizabeth :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie!! Sorry I missed your birthday--just catching up on your blog NOW! I hope it was good! Anyway, I must say that knowing that fall is your favorite season gives me a whole new appreciation for you. Fall is THE best. Not to disappoint you, but in Maryland fall is way too short. Summer lasts until about the end of October, at which point we get a week or two of good crisp fall weather, and then it rains until January when it starts to snow and melt, snow and melt, snow and melt. I do miss fall in Illinois. Well, anyway, happy late birthday!

    ReplyDelete