Search This Blog

Friday, July 2, 2010

in his belly.

Last week I had a friend over our house for a cut and color.
Doing people's hair is a great time to get to know them better. But...when Cale's around, he takes charge of the conversation, and Mommy's friends become Cale's BEST friends.

His day consists of talking...And asking questions...And talking loud...And asking personal questions....
This particular day Cale was talking to said friend about her baby.
Unaware of how they got into this particular part of "babyhood," I was caught off guard when Cale asked her if she had a baby in her belly. (This friend's baby is 4 months old.)
"No. My baby was in my belly, but now she's out."

What?!? I don't recall talking to Cale about how babies grow in a Mommy's belly. He hasn't really been in contact with many pregnant people, so I'm not sure we had that conversation yet!! I hope he doesn't go around asking people if they have a baby in their belly...
That could be awkward if he gets it wrong again........especially with a stranger. ;)
But, at any rate, it came up, and my friend and I found it amusing.

So, apparently putting 'two and two together' Cale solved our family puzzle.
Would you like to see how the peices were put together?

Here's how it went down:
"Mommy, do you have a baby in your belly?"
No, buddy. I don't. You were in my belly, but now you're out.
"Oh, okay."
You were a baby, but now you're a big boy.
"Mommy. I have a baby in my belly."
(taken by surprise and laughing silently) You do?? So you're going to give me a grandson?
(confused) "What?"
What is in your belly, buddy?
"Mommy....Megersa's in my belly. And now he's out. Megersa's my baby."
He's your brother.
"Yes, he's my baby brother."

:) Well, I can't argue the parting line, that's for sure.
This kid talks non-stop. I have been told on more than one occasion by different people who have been around Cale or babysat him...that they "don't know how I do it" (meaning stay sane with Cale's constant non-stop talking/questions). And to be honest, I'm not sure how I do it sometimes. The kid narrates his life. There are periods of time where he drives me crazy, but then others, like these, are just hilarious.

No comments:

Post a Comment