Search This Blog

Monday, July 5, 2010

10

Megersa is 10 months old!
So, in honor of that, I thought I'd state 10 things about him that you may or may not know:

1. Megersa can sleep from 8:30-6:30a, wake up for a bottle, talk for awhile and then go back to sleep until 9am (or later sometimes!)....Today, I had to WAKE HIM UP at 11am.
2. Megersa is fearless in the bath. He will put his head down and stick his face in the water. (Is it an accident?...is he drinking it? trying to blow bubbles?? I'm not sure...)
3. He is NOW finally starting to get a handle on this solid food stuff. He still refuses most things, but yesterday he ate baked beans without a fuss! His list of solid, un-pureed foods he will eat is now up to about 6 items: puffers, cheerios, baked beans, veggie straws, pickles, and breaded items.
4. He has 4 teeth (as of 10 months, 3 days)...two on top, two on bottom.
5. He responds pretty well to being told "no, no!" and then if he obeys, and we praise him, he'll clap for himself (unassisted). Though, if Daddy corrects him, he'll stop - but not without pushing out his poochy-lip as far as it can go! (I guess he knows Daddy's a sucker.... ;)
6. These words are used by others to describe his temperment: easy-going, shy, passive, content, quiet, mellow...and happy.
7. Megersa LOVES to drink out of a regular cup. He'll lunge for it if it's within reach (regardless of who has it) and grab for it with two hands! If someone's not helping him, he'll dump it all down his chest while "drinking."
8. At his 9-month check-up he weighed 18 lbs, 8 oz...and was measured at 29 inches.
9. I think it's safe to say he loves both Tim and I equally. If either of us call his name (or look in his direction with interest), he will take that as an invitation to crawl over and pull himself up to standing, then reach his arms out for us to pick him up. It's pretty dang cute actually.
10. Megersa can say Mama and Dada. Tim and I will swear he we've hear him say "hi" and "hey" too.

He's one crazy baby. I still can't believe he's 10 months old already. It's still irks me to the core that I don't know his ACTUAL birthday...but I'm sure in time, I will let it go. :)
Until then, though, I'll go out on a limb and agree that he is actually getting that much closer to 1 year old. Not a "baby baby" anymore...toddlerhood is approaching faster and faster. Trying to savor each moment is hard when he's crusing through milestones at top speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment