Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

like my hair?

Cale's hair was getting out of control. His hair doesn't grow down, it grows up, and out....and every way that sticks out. I think shortly before his 2nd birthday, Cale started sporting the buzz-cut look. We HAD to do it! We tried several times since then to "see if it'll lay down with enough weight" but we can't usually make it past a certain point. He starts to look crazy. People comment, and we give in to another short do. :) He never seemed to mind getting hair cuts, and it's certainly easier for the summer...plus he sweats like a pig regardless of the season, so this works. Perhaps when he's older, he'll have the willpower to grow it out completely like those other hooligans I see walking around... (jk...I really dont mind longer hair on boys, just so long as there is a distinction between genders.)

Last time I gave him a haircut, like a few weeks ago, I told Tim I was gonna give him a mohawk. But, I made the mistake of filling up the bath before I whipped out the clippers, and well, there was no getting him to stay completely still with the lure of bathtime afoot! This time I bribed him with a lollipop and he stayed pretty still. It certainly was amusing when he saw himself in the mirror. "I dont like this, Mommy. I dont like my hair this way." I tried to explain to him that it was a cool style and that everyone would like it, but he wanted me to cut it off. I kept telling him that people will LOVE it and that he should try to keep it until tomorrow when Daddy gets home so he can see it. That seemed to work. I put a little hairspray in it to really give it a spike, and then he thought that was pretty great.

This is Cale getting into it. I told him he could make his "rock on" fists and give a stank (yes, I did say that) expression for the camera. Observe:Of course he's been getting compliments left and right, so he told me tonight "I like my mohawk...everyone likes my mohawk." He's funny...especially when he says mohawk. It comes out more like "mohaw"....which doesn't sound tough. It sounds...country.
Anyway, he tried to convince me to give Megersa one too, but I think we'll hold off on that for awhile. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you should definitely consider a mohawk for Megs. Myles looks adorable with his. And I did a little research on traditional Ethiopian hair. Apparently, the mohawk is a very common traditional hairstyle for young boys. Specifically, they give them to mischevious toddlers. Well, that's Myles, to a "T"! I couldn't believe it. The belief is that when the boy find himself in a precarious situation, the angels can reach down, grab him by his hair and pluck him from danger. Fabulous, right? :-)
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete