Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

my boys are bruisers...

well...with the exception of Megersa. :)

Megersa weighs just under 22 lbs. Apparently this is in the 10th percentile for weight...but I think the fact that he gained at least 10 lbs since he came home is pretty good.

Cale has always been off the charts in height and weight.
I think he currently weighs something in the 43 lb vicinity. And he's 42" tall.

The twins have GAINED!
Last month at my 20 week check-up, they were 13 oz and 14 oz respectively.
Today, at 24 weeks, Thad weighs 1 lb, 10 oz...and Zac is 1 lb, 11 oz.
Both are currently head down (Thad is much lower though). Heart rates have been steadily in the 130s-140s. Thad was facing my back so we didn't get a profile pic of him. We got lots of Zac, but most are blurry because he is my mover. I swear he's up all day kicking and punching away. It's almost comical to watch the right side of my belly move around while the other side remains still.
Thad tends to wake up at night when I'm laying on Zac's side and he has more room.

I asked the u/s tech if they can hurt each other. Honestly, if they kick each other as hard as they kick me, I'd say they'd be doing some real damage to their tiny bodies...but she assured me that they wall between them is thick...saying one sac could break and the other remain intact.

Doc said each twin has plenty of amniotic fluid and that my cervix is very long. They like the cervix to measure 30 cm, and mine's at 37. He has no concerns with pre-term labor at this point and said the boys are a week ahead in weight (which is good for twins!)
My uterus is measuring 32 weeks so the Braxton Hicks contractions I get are normal and will only increase...
So, my eerie feeling that they are gonna arrive soon, and I'll have micropreemies is just all in my head (at this point anyway)!
Good news all around!
(Me and the twinkies cooking at 24 weeks.)

So how am I doing?
Well, I'm tired. I wish I could get more sleep, but my belly really is starting to get in the way. At night I'm in alot of pain trying to get comfortable.
But, I'm gonna try to adopt the new attitude of "keep your eyes on the goal."
The goal is 2 more healthy boys.
If I think about the now...at 24 weeks, 3 days - 10-12 more weeks seems like an eternity.
But if I think about when they'll be here and we'll have no sleep with chaos everywhere, that 10-12 weeks seems to be too soon.
Life is changing in a big way.

The big guys are both are doing great. I wish it was warmer outside so we could get out of the house more without having to run errands...but I recently purchased a mini trampoline online so that they have an outlet for all that pent-up energy. I can't wait for it to arrive!

The boys love each other so much already. Cale always wants Megersa around. It doesn't seem to matter that Megersa can't talk, and doesn't really understand "playing" - Cale wants him to be right by his side.

Both the boys have been in moods today... No nap for Cale and less than 2 hours nap for Megersa (which is not good). They both have had their share of time-outs and scoldings. Tim was correcting Megersa and jokingly said that if he did it again, M was gonna sleep outside.

Cale was gravely concerned and said with tears in his eyes that "Megersa can't sleep outside, because when I wake up, I won't have him anymore."

Sweet brotherly love.

I hope they can learn to love the twins as much...and I REALLY hope they all get along this well when they're teenagers.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment