Search This Blog

Friday, January 7, 2011

why?

Why do all my dress socks have holes in them?
I'm the type of person who wears flip flops until the late days of November, and walks around barefoot most of the day...so why is it that almost every day this week I've had to toss a pair of socks? I like shopping, but buying dress socks seems like a hassle to me. $8-12 for 3 pairs of socks? Seems like a bit much...

Why does the estimated wait for a table at Outback Steakhouse have to be so incorrect?
As a hungry pregnant women I was already cringing at the estimated wait time...but when "45 minutes" turned into an hour and twenty minutes, I started to wonder what was going on. Tim and I saw people who came after us get a table before us.
I guess our buzzer wasn't working....

Why do dreams take a BIT of reality and then alter them into something bizarre?
Where do these ideas come from? I can't imagine my subconscious even coming up with some of this stuff. Despite protest, children who can't blow their own nose (ie: Megersa), sometimes need to be suctioned to help relieve congestion: Normal.
Not normal: Waking up from a dream wondering if I really did suction a 2-inch slimy fish out of my baby's nose...

Why didn't I think of that?!
Tim and I went on a date tonight. Miss Judy came to babysit the boys. She is wonderful with them and very genuinely seems to enjoy it!! :) When Tim and I came home, Megersa was in bed, and Cale was on the floor with Miss Judy working on a "project." Taking TRIX cereal balls and balancing them on the tops of his duplex legos. Each cereal peice fit perfectly in the little holes on top of each lego. Brilliant! Apparently this entertained him quite a bit and I thought to myself, why didn't I think of that?
I guess I need to step up the "thinking outside the box" stuff...

Lastly, Why...OH WHY...am I actually somewhat considering changing my unborn babies' name?
I've been reading a new blog. This blogger has a son named Shepherd. Excitement, jealousy and concern bubbles inside me... Why haven't I heard that name before? I'm almost positive I would have considered it, loved it, and convinced Tim to like it as well. Is it love at first sight...can I get over it? Is it too late to change Zac's name? He's not here yet..... Would it be weird since we've already told almost everyone what their names will be?
I wonder.....

4 comments:

  1. Thaddeus & Shepherd - I'm likin' it! They'll have their names for life - it's totally fine to take your time and even change your mind if you decide to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it wouldn't be weird at all. by the time they are here and growing up, no one will remember, and if they do it won't be a big deal. i know lots of people who are like, "i was supposed to be a____, but i was born and my parents decided I was a _____." If you are liking Shepherd more go for it! It's your baby! Who cares what people think! The naming part is so fun so don't be afraid to change it if you feel led. :

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite professor in college had a son named Shepherd. He was really sweet and funny. He went to the daycare center on campus where I worked so I knew him pretty well. I remember one time he told me that he wanted to be a purple fireman when he grew up...he just really loved the color purple for some reason. The professor's name was Erin and her husband's name was Tim and she had a daughter named Faith. I really like Shepherd. I say you have every right to change it up until he is born. I am seriously considering changing Trevor's middle name- it just hasn't settled with me yet. Hopefully it's Nellie Joy in there, I don't have any reservations about her name.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding? You can TOTALLY change the name! You can cahnge your mind up until you fill in that birth certificate, girl! If you're feeling some major love for Shepherd, then go with it! :-)
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete