Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

365 days since...

we became Megersa's legal parents!!
Legally Yours. (Click on the link to read my blog post about that day.)
It's amazing what happens in a year!
Such a whirlwind of events took place after Jan 27, 2010.
This is M, one year ago:

And now, here's a pic of Megersa taken a few days ago:

It's truly amazing what can take place in a year!!
For instance:
God called us to move to Maryland. Tim was offered his job here at Mountain View Community Church...
We packed up and left everyone in IL (still trying to sell our house there if you feel inclined to pray about it)...and moved into our townhome here.
Then, after only 9 days after arriving in MD, Tim's mother and I boarded a plane with Ethiopian Air to pick up Megersa.
A few short months after his homecoming, I guess Tim and I figured the adjustment was going well and we talked about adding to our family again (this was assuming it would take awhile)...
And a birthday present to me (July 31), God gave us twins to wait for.

The winter seems to be a waiting game for us with our children:
Cale was born in early April,
Megersa came home in mid-March,
and we're expecting the twins to arrive somewhere around those two dates...

I love our growing family!

2 comments:

  1. awww cute old pic of Megersa. i just love that you kept his birth name. i think that often when you write about him. :) how'd you get this font by the way? i really like it. i didn't know you could change font besides what is in the post block and they all look similar to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, Have a great idea for you if you haven't heard about it yet...my mother-in-law went to www.blog2print.com and made a whole book out of my blog. It was awesome! She let me pick the dates, and I decided on just 2010. You can also pick the cover. It doesn't have a lot of frills, but it's like a scrapbook without the work.

    ReplyDelete