Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

limes

I get regular updates from pregnancy websites I subscribed to.
It's funny...with Cale I had sooooo many books on pregnancy, and read probably all of them in those first few months even, but with this child...wait, these CHILDREN, I haven't cracked a book.
Partly because I dont have them anymore (I lent them to a pregnant friend just before moving)...and partly because most of the books only have a tiny portion about multiples.

The plan is to purchase something with regards to multiples - at least before they get here, with regards to scheduling, nursing, sleeping, etc. But I haven't yet.
Anyway...these said 'updates' I get from babycenter.com and the like say that a 12 week old baby is the size of a lime. (Even websites appeal to a singleton...go figure.)
So...I guess I have 2 limes, and everything that goes with them.
Cale asked me the other day what the babies are doing "in there" - so I told him, "oh, just swimming around."
"There's water in your belly?!"
Yes, and a lot.
He thought that was pretty cool.
Funny how most measurements of a fetal baby's size are compared to some sort of food. A poppy seed, a grain of rice, a grape, a lime.....
Maybe they figure most women have food on the brain.

In other news....
I KNOW WHAT WE'RE HAVING!!
Yep...I know it's pretty early to already have that knowledge, but on Monday I had an appointment with my High Risk OB (aka Perinatal doc) and both the Ultrasound Tech and the Doctor had the same opinion.
The u/s tech said she "wouldn't bet her paycheck on it" because it was still early, but that was certainly her guess.
I have another appointment at about 16 weeks and she said they could give us a more firm answer then.
Interestingly enough, as soon as I got home, I began to research gender prediction at such an early state, and it basically has to do with the "angle of the dangle." No, seriously...in more than one article those specific words were chosen. Pretty scientific, huh? :)

It's kinda fun having this secret.
I usually can't hang on to a secret to save my life. As it is, we've told our parents and I've told one close friend, but that's it. Everyone else is in the black!
Ha ha!
I know it's so silly for me to do this cuz I always want to know what everyone else is having.
So, soon enough, we'll make the announcement.
Until then though...care to venture a guess? :)

5 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! The suspense is killing me-I kept scrolling down thinking you would say it! :) Totally understand though-can't wait to hear more....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 Boys!! This week babycenter told me my baby was the length of a "hothouse cucumber"...whatever that means! I think once you get past 12 weeks the fruit analogies don't work so well anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. woo-hoo! how fun on knowing so soon! don't feel pressured to tell before you want to! have fun with your secret for a bit. it's your babies and you get to decide!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katie....my first thought was a boy and a girl so I guess that's what I'm sticking with! =) It's kind of fun having a secret isn't it? So glad to hear that your limes are doing well....hope YOU are feeling much better too =)

    ReplyDelete