Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

challenge accepted.

Trying to put a good spin on nausea and vomiting is near impossible.
However, joking about the upsetting nature of this stage of pregnancy is a challenge that apparently, Cale is willing to take.

Tim and I were just commenting on how grown up Cale sounds these days. I swear he thinks on a level that is much more comprehensive than any 3-year-old I know! But maybe we're bias. :)

Seriously though...where he comes up with these thoughts about pregnancy, I can't imagine.

This morning on the way to church Cale asked me (as he does at least 10 times throughout the day) "So...how was your day, Mommy?"
I'm sure he expected the normal response he gets from me, and Tim, and everyone else he asks "my day is/was good" - but because it was early morning, and all I had experienced between 8 and 9am was stressfully dressing and feeding two boys, vomiting, showering, wiping butts, changing dirty diapers and wrestling kids into their car seats, I said "my day was stinky" then told him why.
"Mommy threw up and she doesn't feel good."
Apparently this distressed him. (as most talk of puke does...in fact, every time he sees me brushing my teeth he asks me if I just threw up - "Why are you brushing your teeth? Did you fro up, Mommy?")
He told me in a slightly accusing way that if I threw up again, I'd throw up the babies and then they'd go down the drain. (Honestly, I'm not sure if he is secretly hoping for this...or because he is concerned for the babies...)
But either way I reassured him that the babies can't come out when Mommy throws up.
He pondered this statement for awhile...took it as fact, and then drew his own conclusion:
"Oh...they hold on."

Isn't he a riot?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. I love it when they come to their own conclusion. It's usually much better and final than anything I could ever think of.

    ReplyDelete