Search This Blog

Thursday, October 14, 2010

"Cole"

Megersa is slowly but surely adding to his vocabulary.
Here are some new words he's not only verbalized, but understood their meaning:
bubble!
No! (with the emphasis on the ooooooo part. :)
nigh-nigh. (still waiting for the 't' sound to appear)
and Cole.

The Cole word actually took me awhile. I kinda thought he was saying "cool" because sometimes it sounds like that, but it didn't make sense. Why would he pick up a word we dont really use around here?
Generally for a 'job well done' or affirmation we say "that's awesome!" or "good job buddy!" or "I love it!" - I mean, I guess that we probably slip a "cool" in now and again, but not usually.
THEN, the other day, I put up a barricade to keep the boys out of the kitchen while I made them lunch. Cale easily got past it, but Megersa was right on his heels attempting it too. Looking a little bit frustrated, he started yelling "Cole, Cole!"
It clicked (to me anyhow).
I looked at Cale and said "He's talking to you, buddy! He's saying your name!"
Of course, Cale was like "My name's not Cole...I'm CALE!"
Clearly he doesn't appreciate that Megersa has made a huge effort to learn his name...and I guess the "ale" sound is harder than "ole" for him.
But I think it's great! I know Cale will probably start to respond when Megersa gets it right, but for now, he just ignores or corrects him.
Brothers...

3 comments:

  1. I love it when they say something for a while and it takes me awhile to figure it out! Bubba (brother) took me a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! I think it's sweet that one of his first words is my son's name! hahahaha! By the way, it's killing me that you know the gender of the twinkies!!!
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha! That sounds about right. I always hate it when they are saying something and you can't figure out what it is. Your son's response of "my name's not cole" is something my older daughter would say. My toddler either hasn't figured out, or doesn't care to figure out that her twin brothers have different names. She picked one and calls them both that name. We are still working on it. :)

    ReplyDelete