Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Despite feeling sick...

...we've managed to have some fun over the last few weeks.
It's interesting that I'm posting about this, because when our social case worker came over on Monday to evaluate Megersa being home for 6 months she asked "what have you been up to this summer?" It was really hard to come up with anything.
Our last appointment was late June. We went on our 2 family vacations in early June, so she had already heard about them.
Do families GO on more than 2 vacations in the summer (however short they are)??
She asked "Well, what about trips to the zoo? or museums?"
Gosh, I really, truly drew a blank.
What HAD we been up to the past couple weeks (let alone months...)??
Lets see....we found out we were pregnant.
With TWINS.
Doctors appointments.
Fatiuge.
Nausea.
Vomiting.
I mean, those were the things that kept racing toward the front of my brain...but does that spell out "family fun"? ...I'm not so sure.
She kinda looked at me and waited (this was the part where a recollection of something that deemed FUN should have sparked). "Parks?" She offered.
YES! Yes. I do take the boys to the park. "Swinging is one of Megersa's favorite activities."
And we were off to the next topic....
I'm gonna blame my pregnancy brain for not coming up with something sooner, but for a split second I really did wonder if we HAD entertained the boys with things "out of the norm" for every day.
Truth be told, Megersa just goes with the flow. I'm pretty sure he would be content to do nothing but hang out with Tim, Cale and I all day...
But thank goodness for pictures.
Honestly.
Proof that we do other things! :)
I couldn't imagine living decades ago when the only pictures that you had that told your life story were once-a-year family pictures or September school photos.
No, thank you.
Children change so much in weeks, let alone months and years!!
Tim was just commenting today on how much Megersa has changed since he's been home.
Observe:
In March:
6 months later:Our caseworker is very pleasant, so there was no reason to be upset by the visit. I'm pretty sure it's the last one - if not until he's been home a year...but I kinda was dreading the questions of "what's new?"
Megersa's 1.
He wakes up, eats, plays...takes a nap...wakes up, eats, plays...takes a nap...wakes up, eats, plays...goes to sleep. Throw in a half-dozen poopy diapers and some mini-tantrums and you have what's called 'a day.'

Sure, we mix things up a little with trips to the store, church, playing outside, going to the park, bug hunts, playing with neighbors and walks...but basically, our days resemble each other.Oh well, seems like our kids are happy enough. :)

Swimming in the pool. Well, we mainly hang out near the steps - Cale's a big chicken.Playing with play-doh. Cutting up some stir-fry for dinner.At the park...though it proved impossible to get all 3 of us looking at the camera while I snapped a pic with my phone. Megersa hasn't learned that element of cooperation yet. :)Taking some walks and enjoying some special treats. (Megersa is looking at me longingly because I was holding the icepop we were sharing.)Hugs. Cale gives them willingly for Megersa. M is fine with it, but it doesn't deter him from eating his chalk. ((Do you like my hubby's face in this pic?))At Walmart. This was a few weeks ago, when I could actually stomach being at the grocery store.Outside enjoying our toys. Cale's gotten pretty good at shooting hoops. Megersa's trying his luck with the golf clubs. The bug hunt. Oh wow! Thank goodness for old baby food jars!! That day we caught a grasshopper, a praying mantis (both shown), 5 stink bugs, 3 caterpillars, 1 worm, and 1 beetle. The cricket got away. And here's me. I got a haircut. Nothing really special, I just thought I'd put a pic of me before I get too fat ((I mean pregnant...) to willingly show my face around here. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the updates! Congrats on twins and can't wait to hear more....
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hair, love the boys, Miss you guys! And I HATED going to the grocery store when I was pregnant. I wanted to puke the entire time I would be in there! Blech.
    -Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these pictures and I LOVE your haircut!!!!

    ReplyDelete