Search This Blog

Saturday, November 27, 2010

where were we?

6 years ago right now...Tim and I were at a hotel celebrating our wedding night!
WAHOO!! ;)
Our wedding was nothing spectacular. Our budget was $4500, and we managed to save $1000 of it, so you can imagine that it wasn't the lux wedding that some had. We had about 88 guests, and got married in a small church. The reception place was certainly not extravagent or anything to really write home about...but the food was good. Our cake was from Walmart's bakery, the bridesmaids dresses were from JCPenny and I wore my mother's dress...but it worked.
To be honest, I never grew up wanting to plan a wedding. Maybe because I was a tomboy...or because I was terrified to be in front of a crowd saying...anything.........
But seriously, I had no fairtale expectations, or colorful dreams about the day I'd say "I do."
When it came down to actually planning the day, I thought it would have been awesome to go away and get married. Somewhere fun, and sunny! Bring a few close family members or friends that would have wanted to come...and then came back for a party with everyone else we love!
That didn't happen.
Turns out, mothers and mothers-in-law HAVE had dreams and colorful visions of when their children get married, and feel they know best.
I kinda wish I didn't give in to them, but oh well.
It was a wonderful day - Kathryn Joan Dudick officially became Kathryn Joan Nester!
And truthfully, we couldn't have asked for better weather at the end of November. My bridesmaids and I were outside getting pictures taken in sleeveless dresses, and we didn't have to shiver once!
The wedding was at 11am, and we drove away from our reception at 4pm.

Seems like a long time ago...I wish I were the blogger I am now. It would have been great to have every detail written clearly so even if it did fade in the memory (as it is), I'd be able to relive it again each year.
Things sure have changed in 6 years. :)
2 kids upstairs asleep, and 2 in the oven.

In high school I dated a few guys... It's actually kinda scary to look back at my "relationships" and think that I could even call them that. When I observe teenagers now, I think they look like children, but are trying to act like adults in the love department.
My boys will wait until college to date...I'm sure of it. :)
Before going to college I prayed and asked God to help me find the man he would have for me. And I swore that the first guy I dated seriously (meaning more than going to dinner or a movie) would be the guy I would marry.
In May 2002, Tim and I started dating, and 4 months later started discussing when we would get married. I remember Tim's mom being alarmed that we were so serious so quickly (and I ended up getting a "sex talk" as a result)...but it seemed very natural to us.
There was never a question in my mind that Tim wasn't the one. I think I can speak for him too about me (since he had been desperately chasing me our entire freshmen year). :)
On December 27, 2003 we got engaged.
On November 27, 2004 we got married.

God's blessings are awesome.
Here we are...with 2 wonderful boys, and 2 more on the way...
Tim has a job that he loves, and I'm able to stay at home with my children like I always wanted.
We now live closer to family and have been given wonderful friends wherever we've lived.

So, as I sit here with my tiny babies kicking me, I have nothing else to do but smile.
I'm 19 weeks into this pregnancy and I'm feeling good.
Belly is BIG...but hey, Thad and Zac are 10 1/2 inches, and 10 1/2 oz!! :)
I hope the next 16-17 weeks fly by...because it doesn't seem possible that the boys can continue to grow for another 4 months while allowing me room to breathe, but I guess it's been done before.
On the other hand...are we ready to multiply our children by 100% in just 4 months?
The thought is as frightening as it is exciting. ;)

I wonder where we'll be in another 6 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment