Search This Blog

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Things I love.

Describe yourself.
When I see this statement, I generally dont care to answer.
I'd like to give all the things I like about myself and nothing else...but of course, that wouldn't be truth.
I know that I am generally an easy-going person. I've been told I am funny (thanks!), and fun to hang out with. :)
These are good things. However, I DO know that I can be sarcastic at times....
REALLY??
See, it's true.

Often, when I read back through my posts I tend to chuckle at the way I experienced the event....or the way I have described what in my life was taking place at the time.
At some points though, I find myself thinking...hm...I'm a bit sarcastic. and pessimistic.
True again.

The stories I tell about my kids - while they may be true, ((when Cale rubs boogers and nose blood all over his bedroom wall, or how the stench from Megersa's diaper radiates through the hall, down the stairs, into the living room and up my nose!)) they are not the ONLY stories I have of them...I have good things to say. Good, without the "biting witt" part.

So, I'm gonna tell you about the things that make me tear up...in a good way.
I'm gonna try-on "Sentimental Sally" for this post and hope that I don't lose myself. :)
Yes. I can be a sentimental person at times. Honest.

I love the way Cale snuggles up next to me when we're watching a movie together. It's literally as close as he can get without actually sitting on me.
I love how adorable Megersa looks in his infant car seat, as he crosses his legs and plays with his feet, all scrunched up in the fetal position.
I love the way Cale waves hello or goodbye. Fingers tightly pressed together, and hand pivoting east and west from the wrist.
I love how just LOOKING at Megersa is as good as a marriage proposal. :) And if you give him the invitation to "come here" he'll grin so big you see all four teeth, and both sets of gums. (I have literally never seen a person smile so big.)
I love how Cale likes to learn new words. He'll catch you if you try to slip in an unfamiliar word in a casual conversation and grill you for it's meaning. He's a sponge!!
I love that Megersa communicates in forceful breaths. He has a different grunt when he's excited, displeased, hungry, tired, or "fighting" with Cale.
I love bath time. Whenever either of them hear the bath water it's a race to the tub! Cale strips down so quickly he's likely to get a brushburn...and Megersa starts sucking on the outside of the tub waiting for me to disrobe him and help him in.
I love the positions Cale gets himself into while sleeping. It makes me laugh to see him with his body on the bed and his legs off the side. (It's adorable...though I'd never wanna share a bed with him.)
I love when Megersa claps. No, not just claps....applauds. The other night Tim gently hummed a tune to him while rocking him before bed. Sensing Megersa was asleep, he stopped. As soon as he did, Megersa perked up, looked back, and clapped for him. .....And the other day, Cale was in his room (not napping), singing "Twinkle twinkle little star" and Megersa was at the base of the steps, clapping for him.
I love that LOVE is color-blind. Despite any stares I may get from onlookers, it doesn't phase Cale. "See my brother? His name is Megersa. He's a baby."
I love that Megersa gives away his intentions by giggling as he moves. If he sees something he wants to pick up - like a penny, or a peice of garbage, he'll giggle himself silly as he crawls toward it. (Makes it pretty easy to get there first. ;)
I love to see them make each other laugh. There is a special language between them which Tim and I cannot understand. Though at times it is ear-piercing; it is very special to them.

I love those 2 crazy monkeys!
Now, I can't promise that any future posts will be any more tender, but I'll try to slip on Sally in posts now and again. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a sweet post, Katie. Thanks for sharing! Our son, Colson, is about a month older than Cale. A lot of the things you wrote about him reminded me a lot of Colson :)

    ReplyDelete