Search This Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

one handed.

One handed/one armed..whichever way you like to say it.
Wanna hear the list of things I can and HAVE done because I'm holding a baby in the other?
You do?
Good.
Let's start with the easy things, like:<
Writing an email or sharing a facebook status update.
Texting.
"Picking up"...this is a general statement because it emcompasses SO. MANY. THINGS.
Feeding Megersa something messy (he still refuses to feed himself anything sticky or slimy).
Sweeping the kitchen floor.
Eating.

Now on to the more challenging-
Loading/unloading the laundry.
Unloading/reloading the dishwasher.
Dusting.
Cooking.
Vaccuuming. (Sounds like my house is super clean, doesn't it? I wish!)
Shaving my legs. (Honestly, I've done it!)
Changed a diaper (not of the child I was holding)
Lifting Megersa in and out of his high chair and crib. (25 lbs doesn't seem like much UNLESS it's being lifted with one arm.)
Gave a haircut.
This sounds graffic, but in theory, if I could chop off my arm and leave it next to the babies so they feel the same comfort as they do when I'm holding them, I would at times (so long as it could be reattached - I quite like both arms).
I mean, yeah, by everyone's standards Thad and Shep are tiny...but Tim and I can feel them gaining.... I swear my left arm is gonna have noticeably bigger muscles than my right pretty soon. :) These guys just LOVED being held.
I should put them down from time to time?
I do.
But then there's another one....
Again, I said, it's Triage here.
I once asked Tim why babies like to be held while the adult is standing....to which he joked:<
They must like the feeling of a muscle that's in spasm from sheer exhaustion. ;)
I believe it.

1 comment:

  1. You are one talented woman, Katie! And funny too. =) My arm muscles were sore after holding ONE baby for you during church Sunday. And I was sitting down! Just think of how buff you're getting from all this baby holding. =)

    ReplyDelete