Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Oddities

I saw this at Walmart:Clearly, this is not just odd...it's incorrect. But I thought it was funny. ;)
Today I felt inspired to jot down the oddities that occur most days in the lives of my 4 young men
1. Thaddeus. Since he's sitting here next to me, he gets to go first.
I think I'd be correct in saying that about 75% of Thad's awake time is spent with at least one finger in his mouth. Usually 2 or 3. Sometimes it looks like his whole fist. But, I'm constantly changing his outfit because he's always a slobbery mess. Is he teething? Well, we have yet to see the evidence of that... Not too odd, I understand. But I do think with all that finger sucking, he'd enjoy that sensation when he's falling asleep. Nope. Each nap consists of holding him tightly, bouncing a little, and a binky. It doesn't take him very long to zonk out, but don't you find it strange that he doesn't wanna suck his hand/fingers/arm (anything!) when he's tired? I do.

2. Cale. He's up next because even though he's suppose to be in "quiet time" - he's rarely ever quiet.... But no, the fact that he's loud isn't his oddity. That doesn't surprise me (or anyone else for that matter). He's large...and he's a boy. Enough said.
Cale is social. Very social. He thinks everyone who walks through our door is there to play with him. His friends come in all shapes and sizes and he doesn't mind one bit.
He is persistent in saying hello to everyone and anyone...almost to a fault. He's been known to yell out car windows at the trucker driving by, or ask the early morning jogger her name as she whizzes by. He often takes offense to to people who don't respond with as much enthusiasum as he has and can't understand why people wouldn't want to tell him their life story. We're trying to teach him that some people like to be quiet, or are kinda shy...but that's unknown territory for him so it's a work-in-progress. 3. Shepherd next, because I'm certain he will wake up soon. And while this it's not necessarily "odd" - Tim and I have discussed how interesting it is that he looks SO different from when he's not smiling and when he is. Honestly, we think he looks like a different baby.
Observe Shepper - not smiling -
And then smiling: (super cute, right?) ;) 4. And last, but not least...Megersa. His odd behavior will, I'm sure give both Tim and I gray hairs before we want them (though hubby has already found some.... HA!) :). M is apprehensive of almost anything new...but not fearful. While this doesn't seem too bad, it is worrisome in certain situations. For instance, he is apprehensive of new people - especially when friends of mine offer to take the boys to play, but he will not cry. He has only cried a handful of times when dropping him off anywhere. This is good...but when we are in a crowded place, Megersa doesn't show fear of the unknown people. He doesn't stay close by as Cale does (fearing he will get lost). I can't say why this is, but Tim and I are working hard to get him to listen, obey and stay close when we are in a crowded place. And it's also why, when we fly to Florida this December, Megersa will be in a stroller with the twins. ...plus, he's clearly small enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment